Low carb vegan mayo
|Tags:||Cheap, Gluten free, Quick recipes|
|Time:||Preparation time , cooking time , total time|
|Serves:||1 to 1 1/2 cup|
Depending on where you live, vegan mayo is getting easier to find in stores, but it often contains quite a lot of sugar and other carbs. This soymilk based mayo is super easy to make and contains almost no carbohydrate. It's perfect for salad dressings, spreading on stuff and dipping your favorite veggies in.
- 1/2 cup unsweetened soy milk (does not work with other plant milks)
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon mild mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon soy lecithin or a small pinch of xanthangum (optional, prevents curdling and helps the mayo keep for longer)
- concentrated liquid sweetener to taste
- 1 to 1 1/2 cup canola, sunflower or other neutral tasting oil (more oil makes for a firmer mayo)
Hello, can I use ordinary stevia instead of the concentrated liquid sweetener? Thanks
Hi Alex, of course you can! Use very little though, cause stevia can be quite overpowering.
Write a comment